The Best Ever Rocky Road
One of my favourite recipes to make, this is both quick and easy, as well as cheap and easily customisable. Despite this, it tastes delicious. I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't love a slice of rocky road. I usually throw loads into mine, Maltesers and a broken Crunchie bar make great additions. You could also add nuts and dry fruit if you wanted to make a healthier version. This is the best recipe I've used, the final result isn't too hard or too soft, and there's the perfect element of crunch to the texture.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 150g milk chocolate
- 150g dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g golden syrup
1. Line a shallow square tin with cling film of baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir occasionally.
3. Place the biscuits into a plastic bag and bash to pieces using a rolling pin.
4. Add the butter to the melted chocolate and stir in.
5. Next, stir the golden syrup in with the butter and chocolate.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into a larger mixing bowl and add the broken biscuits, marshmallows, and any extra ingredients.
7. Stir well before spooning the mixture into the tin.
8. Leave to cool and then place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.