Recipe: Lemon Iced Tea
On a hot summers day I love nothing more than a refreshing iced drink to cool me down. Of late, the weather in the UK has been rather on the warm side, and I’ve enjoyed many an afternoon sunning myself in the garden. I’m an iced tea fanatic, but unfortunately the drink isn’t as big a deal here in the UK as it is Stateside. If I’m in America then an iced tea is my automatic beverage of choice, and as its been a year since I last drank the good stuff (FYI Lipton doesn’t count), I decided to have a go at making my own. The result? Rather successful if I may say so myself...
Ingredients: 2 regular tea bags (I use Twinings) 1 lemon, sliced and halved 8 tsps sugar Ice cubes 4 mugs of water
- Boil water and fill two mugs, add a tea bag to each. Leave to steep for 6 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir 4 tsps of sugar into each mug (if you’re a sweet-tooth add one more to each).
- Pour the tea into a large jug and add two mugs full of cold water to the mixture.
- Add the lemon slices and leave to cool.
- Once cool pour the entire mixture into a serving jug/carafe/bottle of your choice and refrigerate.
- After 2-3 hours the drink should be suitably chilled and infused. Serve with ice and some fresh lemon slices.
Tweet me or comment below if you give this a go, I'd love to know what you think. And if you have any recipes for refreshing summer drinks then send me some links! To stay updated on future posts you can follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Bloglovin.