Chunky Chocolate Banana Bread
As a lover of banana bread and chocolate cake there is nothing I love more than the idea of the two combined. This recipe beats all previous tastes/attempts in providing that perfect ratio of chocolate to banana flavour combination. Rich, dense, and deliciously moreish, with a crispy outer layer and moist centre, this will keep for days. I make sure to choose chocolate chunks over chocolate chips or break up my own chocolate for that extra treat of chocolatey bite... Ingredients:
- 3 medium to large bananas (the riper the better)
- 115g butter, melted
- 145g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 115g cocoa powder
- 170g dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Sift the baking soda, flour, and cocoa powder over the wet ingredients.
- Stir until combined before stirring in the chocolate chunks,
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tin to a cooling rack
Enjoy - and let me know if you give it a try!